THE ORIGINAL FLIGHT SIMULATOR
The Link trainer - known as the Blue box- was the first comercially built Flight simulator.
The grand father of the modern full flight simulator, the blue box was designed in the 20´s and used by the United States Army Air Corps to train their pilots. During World War II, more than half a million airmen were taught by the Link Trainer.
In 1953, the creator, Endwin Link, founded The Link Foundation that still provides grants and fellowships in the fields of aeronautics, training and simulation, oceanic engineering and many more.